Thursday, December 31, 2009

Unnecessary violence

I am on a movie watching spree lately. I  have been watching a lot of movies without being censored before. That is, earlier it was a habit of mine that my brother used to watch movies and tell me which are suitable for my weak heart. Violent movies have an adverse effect on me. A very strong adverse effect. I get very moved by music, literature and visual media I believe.

 

I was recently watching a movie, thinking that it was horror then I finally realized it was not. It was horrible. A young pair of lovers being chased by a group of mentally deranged persons through out the night in their summer house and finally getting butchered. Now, being a normal human being that’s not exactly the type of movie I will love to watch. Its okay if ghosts kill one or two human beings after chasing them all night but the same thing becomes repulsive when human beings do that without any reason but “fun” or cannibalism -  I watched a movie in that a family was lost in desert and eaten up by a gang of cannibals I fell sick after watching that movie it was so gory and violent.

 

What is the purpose of making these movies? To trigger violence or make people like me fall sick if they accidentally watch it?

No comments:

Post a Comment