Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Misha

Some creatures walk into our lives, become a dear part of it and leave their marks all over it. She was that type of being.

I still remember when we brought her home in 1989. She was hardly a fistful. Bred by a pet shop owner for only money. She had her body full of lice and worms which we could not get rid of, though we tried every thing. Starting from veterinary to ayurvedic. All failed.

She stayed with us for next eleven years before she succumbed to the monstrous heat of Rajasthan in 2000.

She knew how to win hearts. She was a love hungry soul and no one in the house was able to resist her for long. Though a lot of them tried.

Her final victory was my mother. She was the only canine my mother petted. Ever since I have been able to store memories I have recollection of dogs and my mother’s immense allergy for them.

Misha became obsessed her very quickly. To my mom’s fury (though she was never able to catch her red pawed) she used to climb on her bed. Sit at her feet, sleep under her bed in the night.

During her last one year she was honored by my mother’s quite frequent petting.

She taught me a few very serious lessons.

Love is usually irresistible.

She taught me to walk cautiously, before bringing her home I used to take two steps at a time, and she had a irksome habit of sprawling right where your first step will fall. It was really extremely embarrassing to step down and hear her howl. So I started to tiptoe.

She controlled my temper a lot. She was impossible, so when I failed in molding her I molded myself.

She somehow completed my personality in more than one ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment