Friday, September 11, 2009

bow my head

Bow my head
down under your feet
drown all my arrogance
in the drops of tears.
To glorify myself
I invite insults to myself,
I waste my time flittering
around my very self.
Drown all my arrogance
in the drops of tears.

May I never glorify myself
in any thing I do.
Let your desires fulfill
through the life of me.
All I yearn for is
your endless peace,
your divine presence
in my very soul.
Hide my ego reveal yourself
in the lotus of my heart.
Drown all my arrogance
in the drops of tears.



Rabindranath Tagore.

Bengali: amaar matha noto kore dao

2 comments:

  1. Dear sister, I love poetry, and I loved this poem and the message in it.
    Very beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing, my sister.
    Allah Hafiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,

    its a poem and its a song.. its meant for God, as you must have understood.

    this is why i told you that day that songs are one of my ways of worshipping God.

    with lots of love,
    didi

    ReplyDelete